LIKE talkingNYsports on Facebook

Click on the link to LIKE our new page @ http://www.facebook.com/TalkingNYsports

Thursday, August 2, 2012

Dramatic Gymnastic Patriotism

BREAKING: After the U.S. women won the team gold in gymnastics, the U.S.'s Gabby Douglas has won the All-Around gold medal.  In line with the patriotic feelings of the swimming gold medals the U.S. team has won in 2012 and the tributes to legendary successes of yesteryear posted earlier in the week (CLICK HERE), the memorable Kerri Strug vault in Atlanta '96 to clinch the team gold is of legend.  Sprained ankle and all, she killed the landing and we beat the Russians.

Nothing stirs the patriotic emotions of team medals.  It's representative of what playing for one's country is all about.

Kerry Strug's Vault and the Medals that Followed:

6 comments:

  1. USA USA!! Way to go ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ended her career =[

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brings back great memories of watching this when I was 13. I still feel the same suspense as then. I still have that Wheatie's box! :)

    ReplyDelete