LIKE talkingNYsports on Facebook

Click on the link to LIKE our new page @ http://www.facebook.com/TalkingNYsports

Sunday, September 13, 2009

NFL Hindsight Week 1!

-This is one of the luckiest, most bizarre plays you will ever see. It could only happen to the Bengals. Why would a safety not stay back in that situation? How idiotic! But hey, it is the defense-less Bengals!

Take a look:


Stokely's decision to run along the goalline is a genius play. Those are the intangible plays guys learn playing with Peyton Manning.

I have one other comment on the situation. The prior play should have been challenged by the booth. A DB on Cinci picked a ball off along the sideline that was called out of bounds. I didn't get enough looks at it to determine if both feet were in, but it was definitely close.

-The Colts are clearly not the same offensive juggernaut of years past. Reggie Wayne is the same and obviously Peyton is the same; however, Harrison is gone and Gonzalez is already injured. The issue I believe is most key is the lack of production from Joseph Addai. Addai has been a product of Peyton Manning and he simply is not that good. He has run for over 78 yards once in his last 21 games - pathetic!

-Brett Favre didn't have to do much to win today - think Adrian Peterson! Not impressed with him, I can't stand his ego, but, if he plays well I'll admit it!

-The Jets really dominated defensively - 0 points allowed. Mark Sanchez allowed the defense to run the show, and the offense gradually became more comfortable. Sanchez was really solid - I liked the Jeff Garcia comparison - and the running game eventually beat down the pretty solid defense of the Texans.

-Drew Brees and Jay Cutler are having completely opposite games this week. Brees had the most TDs by a QB in Week 1 since 1950 (aside from Week 1 of my flag football league in which I through 8 and aside from my Backyard Football season when, in Week 1, I clicked away as Pablo Sanchez through for 7 - good luck next year Drew, I still beat you!) I am writing this during half time of the Bears/Packers game (it's ugly), Cutler is having a nightmare! 3 picks and a 36.4% completion percentage.

-Brodie Croyle played about as well as one could have imagined today against the Ravens defense. It is unlikely that Matt Cassel would have done better. The Chiefs defense just happens to stink. It's good to see an old Rutgers guy - Ray Rice - play really well in the NFL. Hopefully his success will attract guys to East Rutherford - yes, I'm a sad closet Rutgers football fan!

Yaros

1 comment:

  1. things are optomistic for the 2 Ny teams. sanchez had good command and one bad throw that should not have been brought back all the way. it's been a long time for us jet fans -- we're ready for some excitement.

    ReplyDelete