LIKE talkingNYsports on Facebook

Click on the link to LIKE our new page @ http://www.facebook.com/TalkingNYsports

Monday, April 27, 2009

Jets Eyeing Plax!

The Jets are looking into the possibility of signing Plaxico Burress. I think his talent may make such a deal worthwhile (if he is actually allowed to play).

I have always thought that once Tom Coughlin had issues with many players during his first year as Giants coach, he was told to chill out and not be as hard on the guys. I think that since then the locker room has been a bit of a free-for-all.

It is unlikely that Mr. T and Rex will allow any crap to go on in Florham Park.

I expect Burress to sit out the year, but the idea (in theory) is not a bad one.

Burress had no previous record and got unlucky that he didn't turn his safety on. He must be constantly watched so he follows team rules but he is not a Tank Johnson-esque NFL criminal heavyweight.

Yaros

2 comments:

  1. I say go for it. A lot of times, players with baggage are good in their first year with a new club, trying to make a point. Even TO usually has a year or 2 before destroying his team from within.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perhaps the Giants should sign Plax regardless, even if he is in jail, he could give the team moral support and the team could have something and someone to win for (aka they could say "LETS WIN TIS ONE FOR PLAX")

    ReplyDelete