LIKE talkingNYsports on Facebook

Click on the link to LIKE our new page @ http://www.facebook.com/TalkingNYsports

Monday, August 3, 2009

Burress In Serious Trouble; Pierce OK

Here is my take on the issue:
Burress is one of those classic ME athletes (there are many ME wide receivers) who thought it was cool to carry around a gun. He got clumsy with the gun and shot himself.

Should that be enough punishment? Obviously the DA of New York did not think so and frankly neither do I. However, where we differ is in the hard ball Mr. Morgenthau has played. Burress was okay with going to jail for one year in a plea. I am willing to bet that under the same circumstances Morgenthau would have agreed to the plea had Burress not been an athlete.

With regard to Pierce, under the circumstances, there was no reason for any charges to have been in the thought process of Morgenthau.

Morgenthau is a 90 year old on his way out as the DA, I just question whether this case is about him leaving his office with his name in the news or is this case about justice?

I am not arguing that Burress is a good guy or on the right side of the law, but 1 year seemed fair!

Yaros

No comments:

Post a Comment