
I was rather excited. For the first time on my brand new 40 inch HDTV, I was going to sit down and watch some basketball. Two games of interest to me were on. Duke happens to be my favorite basketball team (call me a front runner; however, the real reason I am a Duke fan is that my cousin was at Duke when I began to follow college basketball - so blame him for my love of the prepiest team in all of sports). So, I wanted to watch Duke vs. Wake and the Nets (can't call me a front runner) vs. Toronto.
I would describe the torture as follows: both of my rooting interests were down by double digits late in the game. As I flipped back and forth, both teams proceeded to make startling comebacks. As I deemed the Duke game more important, I decided to watch it through the conclusion and then flip back to the Nets game. I have a quiet smile on my face as Duke ties the game at 68 (I don't overreact to sports) and watch at Teague (on Wake Forest) misses a lay up to win the game. Gerald Henderson gets the rebound and is then called for a rather questionable traveling violation as he fell to the ground (I think he landed on a Wake player who had fallen on the ground in which case it should have been a foul on Wake - but now I am sounding like a typical Duke fan). Wake Forest then scored a go ahead basket with .8 seconds left on the inbounds play.
I then quickly flipped to the Nets game. They had also managed to come back successfully and had the ball for one last possession down by 1. Devin Harris makes a wicked move to get a wide open elbow jumper. I quote Harris, "I make that shot 98 percent of the time". Well, Harris came up short.
Now that is a rough couple of minutes.
I did not stay up for Federer vs. Roddick - but I love Roger so I was rather satisfied.
Yaros
Tough break, but dude, you have a 40 inch HDTV so quit yer bitchin, you gotta earn some sports victories now.
ReplyDeleteWhy dont you actually comment on the knicks playing better at all? Actually beating some good west and east teams for that matter? Thats because you hate the knicks with a passion and you dont have the guts to admit they are playing ebtter than the nets right now.
ReplyDelete