LIKE talkingNYsports on Facebook

Click on the link to LIKE our new page @ http://www.facebook.com/TalkingNYsports

Thursday, October 16, 2008

1 More Comment On The Ratings Disaster That Is The 2008 MLB Playoffs!

As I watched the Phillies finish off the Dodgers, I recalled all the sports columnists commenting prior to the championship series that unlike the divisional round, this round will be one of long and hard fought series. So far - not so.

The Red Sox have gotten nothing out of Big Papi and need to seriously show up on offense to make the ALCS a series. I expect this one to be over sooner rather than later. I doubt the Red Sox will get past James Shields in Tampa for game 6.

So much for long, intense series!

Yaros

2 comments:

  1. I think a couple players should be up on the poll and Wang off. Wang isnt a good clutch player, hes tom glavine bad in big spots (see 2007 playoffs) I think arod should be on the list (if he isnt dont remember)

    I think Brouder and manning are one just by the fact of what theyve done for their teams (see their left hands)

    I would also put reyes on the list, althouygh he isnt on that level, as a huge mets fan and anyone knows the mets sink or swim with him.

    I would also put Lundqvist up there who i hate, but when its all said and done will the greatest rangers goalie ever

    ReplyDelete
  2. Until he wins a cup, Mike Richter will have that crown.
    As for Glavine, lets not minimize his career. In the clinching game of teh Braves only World Championship, he pitched a 1 hitter! He also shut out the mets in Game 3 of the 99 NLCS and pitched 2 brilliant games in the 06 postseason. game 162 vs Florida was brutal, but it shoulndt ruin his career.

    ReplyDelete