Lester is pitching another playoff dandy. He has been really solid this year and is coming through in a really big spot after a couple of rocky innings early in the game.
Moving on...the Yankees are looking dumber and dumber with every win Joe Torre gets in the post season. Ryan Dempster is not an ace - period!
CC needs to pitch every game in the playoffs - classic Ben Sheets - his elbow muscle fell off!
I have to give kudos to the New York Giants (something I rarely do). Last season, they had NOTHING to play for in week 17 other than to prevent NE's perfect season. While they didn't win, they gave it their all, and went into the postseason with incredible momentum. We all know what happened, just as we know what happened to Indy and Dallas in their first playoff game after basically taking the last week off (Indy cost Cleveland a playoff spot by doing that). So why am I bringing this up? Lou Piniella spent the past week playing teams in the pennant race and basically took the week off to rest guys who didn't need rest, and get his team out of their rhythm. Lou pracically begged the Mets to win 3 out of 4!!! Brewers took advantage, Mets didn't. But I'm rooting for LA so that hopefully teams in the future will play 162 games in order to enter with momentum.
I'm not "mad" at him. He basically gave the Mets 4 games, and gave the Brewers 3 games. I'm more mad at the mets for not taking adavnatge more than they did. I just don't like the whole philosophy and it's gunna come back to bite him.
The Yanks don't look dumb for letting Torre go. This team sucked until they got Manny, and the Yankees finished with a better record than the Dodgers. The Dodgers are in because they play in a lousy division, not because of Torre.
I have to give kudos to the New York Giants (something I rarely do). Last season, they had NOTHING to play for in week 17 other than to prevent NE's perfect season. While they didn't win, they gave it their all, and went into the postseason with incredible momentum. We all know what happened, just as we know what happened to Indy and Dallas in their first playoff game after basically taking the last week off (Indy cost Cleveland a playoff spot by doing that).
ReplyDeleteSo why am I bringing this up? Lou Piniella spent the past week playing teams in the pennant race and basically took the week off to rest guys who didn't need rest, and get his team out of their rhythm. Lou pracically begged the Mets to win 3 out of 4!!! Brewers took advantage, Mets didn't. But I'm rooting for LA so that hopefully teams in the future will play 162 games in order to enter with momentum.
I can't tell if ur mad at Lou? I can't imagine you being an angry Met fan??
ReplyDeleteI'm not "mad" at him. He basically gave the Mets 4 games, and gave the Brewers 3 games. I'm more mad at the mets for not taking adavnatge more than they did. I just don't like the whole philosophy and it's gunna come back to bite him.
ReplyDeleteThe Yanks don't look dumb for letting Torre go. This team sucked until they got Manny, and the Yankees finished with a better record than the Dodgers. The Dodgers are in because they play in a lousy division, not because of Torre.
ReplyDeleteJersey, you may be right, but it hurts the Yankees morale if the Dodgers are successful in the playoffs with Torre.
ReplyDeleteYaros