Wow, it has been a while! Our apologies on the time delay! A mix of vacation and travel have caused a delay in postage.
One comment on my travel! I visited Houston, Texas and the surrounding area including the island of Galveston. The Houston Texans' game was postponed during Week 2 due to Hurricane Ike. The amount of destruction the area incurred is remarkable. Those things are dangerous and it is amazing how much damage they can do.
Moving on, Cole Hamels must win his games for the Phillies to win the WS. The Rays should not be concerned with their effort as they lost the first game at home to a far better team than the Phillies in the ALCS. I expect the scrappy Rays to easily win tonight and eventually win the World Series. The challenge that the Phillies have is that their starting pitching is not as good as the Rays. Hamels in the series' best pitcher and Lidge is the series' best reliever, but that can not win the WS itself. If the Phillies win it will be due to the experience of their core hitters.
Note:
Apparently, Manny is requesting 6 years from the Dodgers, but that is a lot for a 36 year old guy. Manny will probably sign with the Dodgers, but 6 years will likely not happen for him. I think he may be the best playoff hitter in baseball over the last decade, I would pay him huge (I mean A-rod HUGE) money for 3 or 4 years.
Yaros
Boras thought he would get 350 mil for Arod....he's just as delusioanl if he thinks he'll get 6 years for manny
ReplyDelete