LIKE talkingNYsports on Facebook

Click on the link to LIKE our new page @ http://www.facebook.com/TalkingNYsports

Sunday, October 26, 2008

It Would Have Rolled Foul!

It is a real shame Evan Longoria tried the toss on Ruiz's chopper down the line because the ball would have almost certainly rolled foul based on the side angle.

I loved Joe Madden's unique 5 man infield - talk about real strategy. It was a tough one to take for the Rays, to lose on a wild pitch/error after a hit batsman - not 1 ball made it 20 feet passed home plate and the Phillies managed a run!

I expect the Rays to win tomorrow as Blanton has historically never pitched well against the Rays and Sonnanstine has pitched well lately!

Then there is that critical game 5!

Yaros

2 comments:

  1. I have a couple thoughts on that 9th inning.
    1) I didn't mind having Howell start the 9th inning, but once he started the inning, I think Maddon should have left him in for Victorino. Plus thinking ahead I'd rather have Howell vs Feliz than Balfour vs Dobbs.
    2) I don't think the ball would have rolled foul, but considering it was a force play, I think Longoria had a split second more than he thought he did, and could have gotten a slightly better throw off. But what an awful, sloppy innings by the Rays.

    ReplyDelete
  2. dont believe the game shouldve been played. its not fair to tv, fans or players tro have a game that goes till 2 am because it starts so late.

    ReplyDelete