LIKE talkingNYsports on Facebook

Click on the link to LIKE our new page @ http://www.facebook.com/TalkingNYsports

Monday, December 8, 2008



I post these words, not as my own (because I think they are nuts!), but as the opinion of one Yankee fan (rather obvious) and fellow blogger - Dachs (www.dachssnewblog.blogspot.com) - about what he thinks the Yankees should do (in an ideal world - a world that I (Yaros) deem to be lala land). It is a fun read, feel free to reply!

Here's what I'm thinking, as of now. Goodbye Giambi, goodbye Pavano, goodbye Abreu. We sign Teixeira (at any price), Manny (blasphemy I know, but he'll destroy Boston every time which will be worth the 100 million it'll cost), Orlando Hudson, Sabathia, and Oliver Perez. Priorities in that order.

We attempt to make 2 big trades. San Diego's shopping Peavy, I don't love him as much as most, but still, it's Peavy, he's 27 and locked in until 2013. According to the ESPN.com article I saw, they're looking for a near-ML ready CF and 2 pitching prospects. Well, how does Melky/Kennedy/Marquez sound?

Next, Seattle. They became the 1st team to lose 100 with a payroll of 100 million and are rumored to be looking to shed payroll. Rumor has it the whole team hates Ichiro. Well, how does Cano/Matsui for Ichiro/the injured Bedard sound?

And in a minor trade we take 2 relievers making no money, let's say Edwar and Bruney, and package them for Huston Street, whose contract Oakland's trying to get rid of.

Our new-look lineup:
CF Ichiro
SS Captain
1B Teix
DH Manny
3B A-Rod
C Posada
LF Damon
RF Nady
2B Hudson

Our new-look rotation:
Best-case: Sabathia, Peavy, Wang, Pettitte, ??? (Perez)

We may not get Sabathia and/or Peavy, which is where Oliver Perez would come in. Hughes spends the beginning of the year in AAA, and is the 1st guy up after an injury.

Bullpen: Mo closing, Joba in the 8th, Street/Coke/Melancon as other setup guys, Marte as the LOOGY, Giese as the long man.

Bench: Molina/Gardner/Betemit/Shelley or Christian.

8 comments:

  1. These trade things are obviosuly fun to think of, but these ideas are so stupid.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bear in mind I wrote this a month ago, so Marquez and Street no longer factor in, but Marquez can be replaced by Horne or some other mL SP, while the Street trade we can forget about. But I still stand by the rest, especially Teix and Manny being priorities 1 and 2, and wanting to trade Cano for pitching and signing Hudson.

    dachssnewblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I seem to recall reading this a while ago.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am sure in Playstation Baseball this makes a ton of sense, but to make all of these moves the Yankees would likely have to increase their payroll to well over $300 million and sign contracts which would simply place them in the same position they were in last year with aging field players who can't be moved and have to be played. I know the Yankees seem to have unlimitd resources, but even for them this is fiscally impossible.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like most of these. And their payroll would not be even close to 300 mil, all of the contracts coming off the books, like Giambi, Abreu, Mussina, Pavano, maybe Pettitte, maybe trading Matsui, makes this financially feasible.

    ReplyDelete
  6. trade fro peavy makes sense for NYY but padres can get more than melky/kennedy/marquez. as to rest of deals -- blogmaster needs tokeep away from weeds

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think you're delusional with some of your trade ideas. I realize it's moot at this point, but your Street trade is garbage, nobody in their right mind would make that deal. Peavy is gonna cost a little more than that. I would love Ichiro in pinstripes, but I dont think that deal works well, he could be had in a different deal. I think you need to get your head out of your *** and think realistically.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Some of this stuff has no shot, but I think a lot of it can happen. And I think it should happen. Signing Teixeria, signing Ramirez, and trading for Ichiro, are all easily manageable.

    ReplyDelete