LIKE talkingNYsports on Facebook

Click on the link to LIKE our new page @ http://www.facebook.com/TalkingNYsports

Thursday, December 11, 2008

NFL Hind Sight (Week 14 Edition)

I apologize for the delay, there has just been a lot to chat about over the past few days. I figured I am allowed to get this in tonight since we are still within the parameters of week 14.

So I begin...
-2 of the most curious teams played in Chicago on Sunday. The result was expected; however, I don't really understand how Chicago could get blown out one week and beat down a good team the next. The Jaguars don't make much sense either. How is this team 4-9? I don't have the answer to that question, so I'll just ask it.

-Aaron Rodgers' status as a rookie has really shown itself since the Packers schedule started to get tough. He definitely has his moments, but the playoff hopes are done after losing 5 out of their last 6 games.

-The Saints saved any chance of making the playoffs by beating the Falcons this week. It will still be a tough climb and they will need to win every game just to get a chance at the 6th seed.

-Buffalo has forgotten how to score points! That makes the Jets' lives much easier next week! The Bills have not scored a TD in 2 games!

-Tony Romo is a weak 4-6 in December. The guy tends to drop the ball when the pressure is on.

QUITE LITERALLY IN THIS SITUATION!



-It is beyond me that a team with any defense could let up 300 rushing yards to a pair of running backs - the Bucs pulled it off!

Yaros

3 comments:

  1. Well, rodgers does have a higher qb rating than favre does, if rodgers is playing like a first year qb what does that make favre then...

    Clearly you dont know your packers football. The reason why they ar elucky enough to have 5 wins is because of rodgers, the defense has been horrible this year, outside of aaron kampman there front 7 has been awful, there secondary can get a lot of picks but they give up a lot of big plays. Charles Woodson and Nick Collins have there moments but not always.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm gonna agree with off the derech here. it's been over a month since the packers didn't break the 25 point mark in a game, so they're clearly scoring. rodgers has a higher qb rating, more passing yards, higher yards per attempt, more touchdowns and fewer picks than favre. so basically, it looks like he's not the problem. maybe, in addition to the lack of a defense (ranked 22) you should consider the incredibly dominant running game currently employed by the packers (ranked 18th) before rushing to rip on rodgers just because you are a biased jet fan who worships the ground favre walks on

    ReplyDelete
  3. clearly I don't worship Favre, with regard to Rodgers, I am not particularly impressed. He has very good receivers , but you are right that the D is awful.

    Wins are what matter!

    Yaros

    ReplyDelete