LIKE talkingNYsports on Facebook

Click on the link to LIKE our new page @ http://www.facebook.com/TalkingNYsports

Friday, December 12, 2008

Yankees Coming Close To Cameron Deal! Teixeira?

Apparently the Yankees didn't understand that it is absurd to ask the poorer Brewers to pay some of Mike Cameron's $10 million contract when the Yankees just signed CC Sabathia for $161 million!

However, some stubborness on the part of the Brewers is paying off and the Yankees are relenting a bit.

Here is my prediction: Cameron is solid for the Yankees and Melky becomes a decent everyday player for the Brewers. I don't think he will hit .290, but in the NL, I think .265 will be his normal production.

The Yankees may be in the Teixeira mix, but I can not imagine them actually signing him. It is just too much money! I still maintain that he will go to the Angels because the Red Sox like him but really have nowhere to put him. The Yankees are probably jacking up the price. Perhaps it will put the Angels out of the running for one of the second tier pitchers, although I would not be surprised if Ben Sheets ends up an Angel - because they have a really smart organization and he is the best bang for the buck on the market.

Yaros

1 comment:

  1. i think the NYY will sign texiera. too much $$ is not in the yankee vacabulary -- atleast not this yr

    ReplyDelete