I don't really understand the defense here assuming the facts of the case are as presented by the news agencies (big IF, but there is truth in numbers and everyone is reporting similarly). He had the gun and he got shot with it.
The key here is how the district attourney will pursue Burress. There is a 3.5 year minimum sentance for illegal gun possession in New York.
There are 2 reasons why the "I had a liscence in Florida" defense doesn't work. First, the liscence was expired and second, a Florida liscence is useless in NY.
Mayor Bloomberg said that he expects Burress to be treated like anyone else.
Based on all of this, I wouldn't be surprised if Burress ends up behind bars for a while.
Plaxico has brought himself down all by his lonesome and nearly has brought Antonio Pierce down with him.
He is done as a Giant - I hope you enjoy running your 40 yard dash in a jump suit!
Yaros
No comments:
Post a Comment