LIKE talkingNYsports on Facebook

Click on the link to LIKE our new page @ http://www.facebook.com/TalkingNYsports

Monday, December 15, 2008

Jet MVP=Dick Jauron

Let me start it this way - if I were the Bills owner, I would have an interim head coach starting this morning.

The Jet game was my first game in the Meadowlands this year and boy was it exciting.

A couple of game notes:
-The Jets special teams was horrific. When I say that, it is an understatement. Reggie Hodges was awful - he had one "good" punt in which he got a very lucky roll. The coverage team was non-existent and Leon was not stellar. Just plain awful!

-The offense did not do anything in the second half. The game completely turned when Coles shoe got in the way of a dropped pass and caused on interception.

-The defense was bad as well. The D did make the big plays when they had to, but the bottom line is that the Jets need to get back to the way they were playing against the run or else the season will end after a week 17 loss to Miami - with Ronnie Brown rushing for nearly 200 yards and 3 scores.

-The Jets won one of the luckiest games I have ever seen. It is beyond me why, if Jauron did decide throw on second and 5 deep in their own end, did he not tell JP Losman that if the clock in his head moves beyond 3 seconds to chuck the ball into the upper tier of Giants Stadium (and Losman has the arm strength to do it)

The Jets will need to win both in Seattle and against Miami because the Patriots will probably win both of their games.

I have serious doubts about whether the Jets will win in Seattle and the blood pressure will rise considerably Sunday night of week 17 against Miami!



Quick Story About Drunk Girl:
I was sitting in row 15 of the upper tier and as I sat down I heard the slurry words of a piss drunk girl a row ahead of me. She had an irratating "Let's Go Buffalo" chant going (she was the only one chanting - but I don't think she was aware of that). Anyway, he boyfriend was constantly pulling her back into her seat. At one point, she tried sitting back down without pulling the seat out and fell flat on her butt. Then, after a brief moment, she stood up again for another chant and fell to the ground in the row in front of her. Moving on, she then had to go pee so she walked to the stairs - staggering - and engeniously walked upstairs instead of down. She asked someone how to exit and they said to turn around. She spun and absolutely flew down the steps. 20 minutes later, he BF went to look for her and apparently she passed out on the floor of the bathroom.

Sad but hilarious!

Yaros

2 comments:

  1. I'd be curious what the boyfriend's story is. Unless he just figured he'd be able to take advantage of her (not that I condone that!!!)...I dunno what he sees in her! Sounds like she's kinda embarassing

    ReplyDelete
  2. well last week and against the broncos the jets got burned by trying to be cute and outsmart the opponent.

    yesterday they were the beneficiaries of such horrendous coaching.

    jauron was the real drunk one!

    ReplyDelete