LIKE talkingNYsports on Facebook

Click on the link to LIKE our new page @ http://www.facebook.com/TalkingNYsports

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Boredom, Bankruptcy and more Boredom!

I have a few all-star game comments.

To note: I did not watch the entire game nor did I watch the entire derby. Both were dreadfully boring and long. To start with the derby, when Pujols had no shot after batting in the second round, the only interesting story and buzz was shot. The event did a 5.6 on the tv watching scale, but I have to imagine that tailed towards the end.

So, I flipped on the game last night at 8:42 expecting to see the bottom of the second or top of the third and... I saw the opening pitch.

I know the game was not going to start at 8:05, but a 45 minute intro! Are you kidding me! On a Tuesday night!

As a Yankee fan, I still love watching Mariano Rivera close games that have all the closers available. It really shows how much he is still appreciated. I still recall him teaching Roy Halladay - the game's best starter - the cutter during last year's game. The players really look up to him.



Finally, this year, perhaps no MVP award should have been handed out. Carl Crawford played well, but he did not hit a game winning homer or anything. He made a great catch, give him a web gem, but not a ridiculous MVP award.

Also, take a look at the award. I love how a corporation that is in serious financial trouble is the sponsor of the award. What a waste of money! Chevy, pay back the government, don't sponsor a meaningless MVP award!

Click on the image to see the point more clearly.

Yaros

1 comment:

  1. A few comments:
    HR derby was pretty boring especially w/o josh hamilton. They take too many pitches, there are too many commercials. I don't get why every year ESPN allots 2 hours for the derby, when every year it takes at least 3. The softball game afterwards was MUCH more entertaining. Bobby Knight was hyserical. Nelly was amazing. Shawn Johnson doing backflips around the bases. It was just FUN.
    Start the intros at 7:15 and the game at 8. You're right - it was rediculous. It's always nice when the Sr. Citizen of baseball gets cheered in his home part - Ted williams in Fenway in 99, Yogi last year, Musial this year; and the booing of that White Sox fan who couldn't reach home plate made me smile. But someone at FOX should lose their job over the camera angles shown during that first pitch by BHO.
    As for the game...it actually moved along pretty quick. I didnt have a problem with Crawford winning MVP. It was either him or granderson. If crawford doesnt make that catch its 4-3 NL headed to the 8th.
    In 2002, no one won it, but I would have given it to to Torii Hunter for the rediculous catch made agaisnt Bonds.

    ReplyDelete