A few Mets comments:
First, there is no reason that numerous aces who actually pitched in the all-star game are pitching tonight while Johan Santana is not pitching. He is fully rested and is by far the best the Mets have (duh!), so pitch him as much as possible!
Second, it was a classic Mets performance tonight with a small burst in a middle inning accounting for all the Mets' runs. They never can maintain hitting consistency.
Finally, isn't it ironic that Derek Lowe pitched for the Braves last night and Oliver Perez pitched for the Mets. The clear mistake that was the Perez deal is only compounded with the fact that pitchers of quality like Lowe were available on the market.
Yaros
COMPLETELY agree with you about santana - it was utterly rediculous that he wasn't pitching yesterday.
ReplyDeleteNot so much about Lowe. Lowe had a great April but has cooled off. I'm not saying the Perez contract is good, but the braves gave lowe WAY too much money and i guarantee they will be regretting it during the last couple years of the contract.
I don't agree sussman! Lowe is solid and Perez will be more regrettable
ReplyDeleteLowe is 36 years old. If we analyze the contract in comparison to perez its a good one. But on its own - 4 years 64 million - Perez sucking won't make the braves regret that any less in years 3 and 4.
ReplyDeleteBeneficial info and excellent design you got here! I want to thank you for sharing your ideas and putting the time into the stuff you publish! Great work!
ReplyDeleteKeep posting stuff like this i really like it
ReplyDeleteThanks for an idea, you sparked at thought from a angle I hadn’t given thoguht to yet. Now lets see if I can do something with it.
ReplyDelete