LIKE talkingNYsports on Facebook

Click on the link to LIKE our new page @ http://www.facebook.com/TalkingNYsports

Wednesday, July 29, 2009

No More Snell... Washburn No More???

Ian Snell of the oft trading Pittsburgh Pirates was one of the pitchers the Yankees were looking at prior to the trade deadline.

Snell has officially been traded to the Mariners along with Jack Wilson.

This deal is significant to the Yankees from 2 standpoints. First, obviously Snell is off the table. Second, Jared Washburn was one of the main focuses of the Yankees prior to the deadline. With the Mariners appearing to be buyers, there is little chance they would trade their second best pitcher - Washburn.

The Yankees now must look elsewhere for some pitching. Here is what I expect, unless the Reds eat a lot of Bronson Arroyo's contract, the Yankees are not going that way either, so the Yankees will have to manage with their current rotation. That means allowing Joba to pitch all year, dealing with the ups and downs of Andy Pettitte and looking for junk ballers to pitch every 5th day.

Yaros

1 comment:

  1. You can pratcially field an entire lineup of player the Pirates have traded in the past 12 months in salary dumps:
    1B: Laroche
    2B: Sanchez
    3B: Nady (he played third once or twice in his career and there are 3 OFers anyway!)
    SS: Wilson
    OF: Bay, McLouth, Morgan
    SP: Snell
    RP: Marte
    C: No one yet
    I'm going to PNC on Monday night for a thrilling Pirates-Nats game. I'll be one of 72 people in the stands. Thankfully I have McCutchen on my team so I'll have some interest, but I feel bad for Pirates fans - such a joke of an organziation.

    ReplyDelete