LIKE talkingNYsports on Facebook

Click on the link to LIKE our new page @ http://www.facebook.com/TalkingNYsports

Sunday, September 21, 2008

Giant Notes...

-Antonio Pierce's odd looking push of the Bengals' center shows why he is the defensive captain. It was incredibly impressive that a player would have such awareness of what his teammates are doing.

-Ely Manning is showing everyone that the way he played at the end of last year has carried over. He will never put up great stats and will occasionally make hair fall out; however, he has the stones to stand up to pressure and make great throws when necessary (ala, that sick throw to Amani Toomer on 3rd and 10 in OT).

-Speaking of that catch, I have no idea why Toomer was that wide open, but it was an incredible catch (note: footwork) and really won the Giants the game (they would have had to punt).
Thank you ESPN. This doesn't show the feet, but he did get them down with possession.

-As I feared (see preview), the Bengals' talent nearly won them the game. T.J. and Chad are a great tandem and Carson Palmer is a stud. The running game blows and often, so does the passing game, because the O-line can't block anyone. I would not be surprised if the 0-2 start was a wake up call and the Bengals finish 7-9 or even 8-8.

-Finally, congrats to the Giants, but I don't really understand why the Bengals couldn't have run another play at the end of regulation. The previous play (catch and then tackled at 3 yard line) ended as the game clock struck :06. A time out was immediately called, but the clock was run down to :04 before it was acknowledged. The Bengals likely could not run a play in 4 seconds; however, a play could easily be run in 6 seconds. I'm not saying the Bengals would have scored a TD, but they deserved the chance.

Yaros

No comments:

Post a Comment