
The 2008 version was an utter failure as the 0 win total between Hughes and Kennedy attests to. Thus, a new 2009 version must await eager Yankee fans - and it can not include reliance of any kind in Ian Kennedy!
Who may that man be? Alferdo Aceves is a 24 year old large right hander who has pitched very well in his limited opportunities.
The Yankees should bring the guy to spring training next year to see what he has to offer.
Look, I'm trying to find angles about the rest of the Yankees season. It is pretty boring, so I'm trying really hard. Joe Girardi's way of making it interesting is saying that the Yanks still have a chance at the playoffs. Between me you and the lamp post, THEY HAVE NO SHOT!
Check out Aceves as he pitches tonight against the White Sox.
Yaros
a few things to watch for down the stretch -
ReplyDelete1) moose 20 wins?
2) jeter pass gehrig for hits in yankee stadium(probably)?
3) a-rod hr leader in al this year?
4) cano discover second base finally?
Moose seems to have hit the wall. I would be shocked if he gets 20 wins - I believe he'd have to run the table. Even if he gets hammered the rest of his starts, he still is the Yankees co-MVP for the season with Mo.
ReplyDeleteagent smith,
ReplyDeleteMoose - not happening, sadly
Jeter - i don't really care
A-Rod - may have the best all around year of any American Leaguer stat-wise (except for RBIs - but still a good RBI number)
Cano - I rather he learn to hit!
Yaros