LIKE talkingNYsports on Facebook

Click on the link to LIKE our new page @ http://www.facebook.com/TalkingNYsports

Monday, September 1, 2008

Stop Crying Mr. Yost!

Ned Yost and every Brewer fan in the world (I'd say about 12 outside Wisconsin) are up in arms because C.C. Sabathia lost a no-hitter because CC himself mishandled a little nubber to the third base side of the mound and it was ruled a hit. It was a close call and I think the ruling was correct because CC only had a play at first base if he bare handed the ball. The ball had tremendous spin and was moving away from Sabathia. 9 out 10 times that play would be called a hit. The only reason it is an issue is because Sabathia's only hit allowed was that one.

The only admirable part of this story is that Sabathia himself said that he doesn't give a rat's patootie (I'm not sure of the spelling on that) about the play and was just happy to get the win.

Note: Sabathia is moving along in his charge to finish high in the NL Cy Young race! Also, Brandon Webb is lucky there isn't a remotely good candidate for NL Cy Young because he has not pitched well lately. He has given up too many homers (which means his patented sinker is not always working properly).

Yaros

5 comments:

  1. It's a play that CC should have made. If you saw the highlights, if he makes that play cleanly laroche is out by 10 feet.
    Also don't forget Lincecum in the Cy Young race.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that Webb has the CYA easy. Little Tim plays for a terrible team and doesn't have as many wins as Webb. I don't think it is close unless Webb absolutely collapses (which I doubt will happen). He is one of the best pitchers in baseball and will not have an 0-5 or 1-4 record down the stretch.

    Yaros

    ReplyDelete
  3. if lincecum has 2 more good games and Webb doesnt, Lincecim gets the CYA

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think the fact that Lincecum has such a good record with such a bad team should help him - not hurt him.
    I gotta add something about the CC thing that I heard from Howie Rose today - a great point he made: Even if the play WAS an error, you can't change it to make it a no hitter. Cuz CC pitched innings 6-9 with zero pressure - which he would have had if he was working on the no no.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Howie Rose is correct; but it is irrelevant bc the play was clearly a hit.

    Yaros

    ReplyDelete