I have always loved watching minor league games. I recall going to Pawtucket Red Sox games as a youngster and loving the relative cleanliness in comparison to the urine smelling Yankee Stadium. Don't get me wrong, I love the ballpark in the Bronx, but it has its own flair. Anyhow, that brings me to my last Shea experience today. Walking up the walkways to mezzanine, I saw the huge park outside the stadium. It has this minor league feel to it, I was trying to place the feeling and I think it lies in the criss-crossing structural wires that line the stadium's outer wall. It gives a very open feeling and that reminds me of the minor league stadiums I've been too. Also, the Shea announcer does not have a booming voice, this also has a minor league feel.
Regarding the game, I'm ticked off because Oliver Perez is on my fantasy team. He pitched a classic Perez game (not many hits and not much control), but got through 7 only to watch Luis Ayala completely blow the game in the 9th (without getting a single out). It was a classic Met game from this year. On the bright side, the Mets usually bounce back from the brutal ones, so look for the Mets to run off a couple in a row now.
Also, the Brewers need to start winning or the Mets and Phillies may both make the playoffs.
Yaros
No comments:
Post a Comment