Yes I know this has nothing to do with talking New York sports specifically; however, I have never seen a pitcher with such awful luck. The guy lost again today in rediculous fashion. He is 0-2 in his last 2 starts with an ERA below 2 (1.80)! To bring New York Sports into the equation, I would consider trading Cano straight up for Cain. I have heard such ideas floating around and I would throw in a French's bottle of mustard.


So sad, Matt Cain is such a saddy pooh! Tear tear!
(Gotta love the maturity of that line!)
Yaros
why would the giants trade cain for cano -- they'd have to be crazy. maybe if the yanks throw in hughes and kennedy.
ReplyDeleteLol, it is just a rumor I have heard on the street. I think they would have done it last year because Cano had a really good season and the Giants badly need hitting. They probably would not do it anymore.
ReplyDeleteYaros
How about Cain for Cano and Austin Jackson?
ReplyDeleteI'm not sure the Yankees would do that. If you were a Yankee fan would you say yes to that deal?
ReplyDeleteI dont know - remember that prospects are just prospects. I'll bet the yankees regret not doing the santana trade. And that the mets could have anything for Generation K but got nothing. Cain has great stuff and with the yankees he'd porblay win 18 - 20 games!
ReplyDeleteThe Giants have one of the dumbest GMs in baseball, we may even be able to get away with something like Matsui/Marquez/Horne or Matsui/Kennedy for Cain? In which case there would be much joy on the streets of my apartment.
ReplyDeleteSeriously though, they should be interested in Matsui, who not only would be perceived as an upgrade in their lineup, but would also be huge revenuewise for them with all the Japanese fans he would bring.