The Yankees are apparently looking to dump Johnny Damon while at the GM meetings in California today.
It is unlikely that the Yanks can get anything for Damon considering his advanced age, lack of defensive ability and massive contract.
I would dump him about as fact as light moves. There are Matsui rumors floating around as well; however, I can't imagine anything could be had for him.
The Yankees can not simply retool their outfield. This team is not a winning one and solid defenders are needed badly.
Yaros
Is his contract really that bad? He only has one more year
ReplyDeleteI don't agree with you. I think $13 million is a lot for a singles hitting DH.
ReplyDeleteYaros
not sute whom blog master has in mind to replace the .303 hitting damon, is available and will earn less than 13m.
ReplyDeleteIf i were the yankees I would resign abreu and keep as is since they cant really do that much with the OF right now and move nady to 1st which he has played before. THey can have the 3 man platooon for 2 positio nsand and melky in there, he cant be any worse
ReplyDeleteit's a lot to pay a signles hitting DH. But he can still hit and still run. For one year its not a disaster
ReplyDelete