SI is reporting that Matt Holliday is being traded (that itself is not news) to the Oakland A's. That is very strange.
Why would the A's want a guy they will almost definitely not sign for 2 years when they are in the middle of rebuilding. I recognize that he is a top 5 talent in baseball (arguable, but I believe so), but it is just a strange decision for the A's to make.
For all I know, the deal may fall through, but I don't really understand why the A's are considering the move.
I suggest they keep their young guys and look elsewhere.
Holliday will likely go to the Yankees or Mets after the 2009 season, as both have fat wallets and need a left fielder.
Yaros
I agree that the trade makes ZERO sense for oakland - which is why I assume theres another deal in the works. Beane probably feels he can get more for holliday than he gave up
ReplyDeleteYaros
ReplyDeleteI was wondering on a side note, as a NASCAR fan, the sport that is the most popular in the country, could you please state your opinions on the final week of the sprint cup and how Jimmy Johnson is the athlete of the decade.
Holliday bats 280 when he's not 1 mile up in the air. that may have caused other teams to temper their excitement. we know now that for next year Matt's going to be in Oakland. Unless the NYY sign someone good this year, good chance he'll be a NYY in '10
ReplyDelete