LIKE talkingNYsports on Facebook

Click on the link to LIKE our new page @ http://www.facebook.com/TalkingNYsports

Thursday, November 6, 2008

Suspicious of YES?

Everyone is aware of the huge revenues the Yankees have earned through their YES Network. The network was so successful that the Mets created a comprarable network SNY.

Here is my issue: I lack trust in the reporting of YES. The network, aside from the simulcast of Mike Francesca has tremendous control over what announcers can say. A classic example is the way Michael Kay talks during Yankee broadcasts - he is very pro-Yankees while on the air, but on ESPN Radio he is very honest. I have listened to him go off about a topic on ESPN and then 10 minutes later on the Yankee Pre-game mention the exact same topic and remain positive.

I don't find the same issue with SNY. The network seems to bring in many personalities that work elsewhere and give similar opinions in both settings.

These networks need to recognize that New York sports fans are not a bunch of unaware morons who can be fooled so easily.

I strongly recommend that Randy Levine, the Yankees president, and the rest of the Yankee front office let lose a bit on the reins.

Yaros

No comments:

Post a Comment