It is over! The nearly 20 years together has officially ended. Chris "Mad Dog" Russo is finally gone. O wow - WFAN just drastically improved its most important and best show. The man with no knowlege and little sports intellect finally got sick of being second fiddle to Mike Francesa. Check out this impression of Russo (it is classic). The bottom line is that his act is the only reason he ever had any place of the air. Mike is truly egotistical and likely thinks he knows more than he actually does, he has good insight and asks good questions. Russo could do no such thing, loved to repeat himself and is finally out the window. Wahoo!
Yaros
Loved that impression! I'll miss them in the sense that they were apart of my existence for 19 years. But the Michael Kay show has gotten better, and Benigno and Roberts are best sports talk on the radio now anyway. I'm sick of Russo not having a clue how to pronouce anything - Richie Sexton -it's Sexson! (Mike messed that up to), when he was a rookie - Jason Inglehausen - thats my favorite. And Eric Gagne - pronounced by Chris as Gag-nee, not gah-nyah
ReplyDeleteI'll miss the Dog, I really can't stand listening to Mike, he thinks he knows it all and may be the most boring man alive. Truly the end of an era, I can't even remember life without that show.
ReplyDeleteRoberts is awful. All he EVER talks about is the Mets.
ReplyDeleteYaros
You say that like it's a bad thing!
ReplyDeleteSussman, I sense that you have a bias towards the Mets. I have a bias towards equal coverage. Excuse me for desiring fairness.
ReplyDeleteYaros
I've never noticed any problem with Evan Roberts, but obviously that wouldn't bother me so maybe I just don't notice it. As for Mets guys I can't stand....Wayne Hagin (sp?). Please, send him back to STL!!!!
ReplyDeletei vote to have the blogger-master on YSRA be the new mad dog.
ReplyDeleteHorace,
ReplyDeleteIf that is me that I'm all for it. If it isn't I'm against it. In other words, I want the job. I'll even take a pay cut off his $1.3 million.
Yaros