The Mets bullpen has been incredibly consistent recently. It's unbelievable that the group as a whole could be so bad (minus the new guy -Luis Ayala). So, as Mike Pelfrey pitched another gem tonight, I am sure that Omar Minaya and Jerry Manuel had smiles the size of Letterman's gap when they realized the bullpen would not factor into the game.
Also, Carlos Delgado has big numbers because of huge games and a lot of mediocre to bad play. Tonight was a huge game.
Yaros
Was at the game. Pelfrey was in a zone. And with the exception of an 11 pitch AB with Wigginto, was retiring everyone in a very minimal amount of pitches.
ReplyDeleteIt was impressive. But, I never got how people talk as if they know more about what happened at the game if they were there over some one who had the best seat you can have (the couch in front of the TV)?
ReplyDeleteYaros
LOL I wasn't implying I had special insight by being at the game. Just saying that I was at the game. ALthough I will say, you can't capture the enthusuiasm of a crowd on TV
ReplyDeleteThat is true. I think the impact of the fans is the only benefit to being at a game (with regard to the game watching itself). Obviously, experiencially the two are incomparable.
ReplyDeleteYaros