LIKE talkingNYsports on Facebook

Click on the link to LIKE our new page @ http://www.facebook.com/TalkingNYsports

Sunday, August 31, 2008

Pettitte Should Take A Seat!

The Yanks have lost 6 of Andy's last 7 starts. Since the season is over and he has been of little to no value in the second half, a young guy from the 40 man roster like Ian Kennedy, Jeffery Marquez or Phil Hughes to take his place.

Giving a young guy a spot start is not a good evaluation of his talent; a solid set of 5 starts is a far more reasonable form of assessment against major league talent.

If it looks like I'm calling it a season - I am. Losing 2 of 3 to the Blue Jays was expected in that spot as Halladay and Burnett are better than anyone (except for Mussina on a very good day) the Yankees can throw out there. But after Carl Pavano (who actually has some skill) beat Burnett, the Yankees should have been able to scratch another win out! Not that it matters! The Bottom line is that the Yankees streak is over at 13 straight - there just are not enough games to allow the Yankees to catch the Sox ( even if they get super hot). It's a sad truth, but one regardless :(

Yaros

1 comment:

  1. I'm not counting the yankees out until they're officially out. I've seen then come back too many times. And I watched last year's Mets.

    ReplyDelete