I hope that did not sound too impressive, because it shouldn't as they played freaken KC - a team that should be spanked (2 out of 3 was a weak performance).
A couple of game notes:
-Brian Bannister has not won a game in a couple of months. Once again, a sign that the win was not uber-impressive.
-The pitch A-rod hit to the moon in left-center field was an absolutely awful pitch. It was a hanging 0-2 curve ball that actually backed up into A-rod's happy zone instead of falling into the dirt of the left hand batter's box.
-Finally, John Sterling admitted to completely not paying any attention to the Yankee game during the bottom of the 7th. I was listening to the game and A-rod had just singled in a run. Then "Xavier Nady" hit a home run to deep left. I was so confused - I thought Giambi was up next. But John Sterling said his "X marks the spot" comment and I guess I missed Giambi's at bat. Then all of the sudden, Sterling and Susan Waldman realized that Cody Ransom had actually pinch hit for Giambi and hit his first Yankee home run. Pathetic! Time for Sterling to be run out of town. He just plain stinks. We need some decent announcers in that booth!
Yaros
No comments:
Post a Comment