LIKE talkingNYsports on Facebook

Click on the link to LIKE our new page @ http://www.facebook.com/TalkingNYsports

Friday, August 15, 2008

If only I swam miles a day...O' the things I could eat!

Michael Phelps has 4% body fat (very low) and eats 6x the normal human intake of calories (12,000 per day).

Phelps daily diet:
Breakfast-
-Three fried egg sandwiches with cheese, tomatoes, lettuce, fried onions and mayonnaise
-three chocolate-chip pancakes
-five-egg omelet
-three sugar-coated slices of French toast
-bowl of grits
-two cups of coffee

Lunch-
-One pound of pasta with sauce
-two large ham and cheese sandwiches with mayonnaise on white bread
-1,000 calories of energy drinks

Dinner-
-One pound of pasta with sauce
-Large pie of pizza
-1,000 calories of energy drinks

That's an absurd amount of food.

Yaros

5 comments:

  1. I would say I'm jealous that he eats so much w/o gaining weigt - but it's all carbs!! Where's teh fish, chicken, meat, etc???

    ReplyDelete
  2. how has he not had a heart attack yet? thats a lot of unhealthy foods for someone who seems in such healthy shape

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not sure what his heart looks like, but he burns 12,000 each day of training. He burns all that crap off so it may not harm his body.

    Yaros

    ReplyDelete
  4. how's his cholesterol? has he tried veggie burgers?

    ReplyDelete